How to Register
To get a medical cannabis patient card, you need to:
- Review the list of qualifying medical conditions
- Identify a physician in your area from the registered physician list available here. Telehealth is also available.
- Schedule an appointment with a registered physician.
- Once you receive your Patient Certification form from the physician, apply for your medical cannabis card in the registration portal. You will need to register for an account if you don’t already have one. Click the “REGISTER” button in the top, righthand corner.
- Complete the application in the registration portal.
- Submit payment (unless a financial hardship waiver is requested and approved).
Your application will be reviewed within 30-60 days and you will receive an email regarding the status of your application.
If your application is denied, you will be informed of the reason. If your application needs a correction, it will be rejected and sent back to you to correct and resubmit. You will not need to create and submit a new application.
If your application is approved, your WV Medical Cannabis patient card will be issued.