Industry Permit Applications
Medical Cannabis Growers, Processors, Dispensaries, and Laboratories
The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health, Office of Medical Cannabis ceased accepting permit applications for medical cannabis growers, processors, and dispensaries on February 18, 2020, at 3:00 p.m. EST. Only applications for Laboratories will continue to be accepted. No additional grower, processor or dispensary applications are being accepted at this time.
Due to a recent supreme court decision (TENNESSEE WINE AND SPIRITS RETAILERS ASSN. v. RUSSELL F. THOMAS, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE TENNESSEE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION, ET AL.), the residency requirement referred to by West Virginia Code §16A-6-3 Grant of Permit will not be applied to applicants seeking a West Virginia permit to operate as a medical cannabis organization.
Applicants are advised to be aware of all federal laws regarding the possession, production and distribution of medical cannabis. The Office of Medical Cannabis will not advise any applicant or permittee with regard to any federal law, and the issuance of a permit in no way endorses compliance with any federal law.
Approved Dispensary Permit Holders (Coming Soon)
- #22050101 | Updated Procedure for New Employee Background Checks
- #22040101 | Destruction/Disposal of Medical Cannabis at Dispensaries
- #22080101 | Pesticides Approved for Use in West Virginia
- #220928101 | Employee Admittance to Med Can Facilities
- #221018101 | Flower Display Containers
- #23030901 | Return of Medical Cannabis
- #23032401 | Advertising of Medical Cannabis Organizations
- #23090101 | Variance of THC Levels